It’s Hump Day, everyone, and that means another installment of the Pasadena Digest. In today’s digest, we have stories about home prices taking a dip across Los Angeles County, county resident’s water usage on the rise despite a historic drought and Pasadena being issued an end-of-summer heat advisory.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Pasadena? Our premium local sponsorships will keep you at the top of inboxes around town every morning. Contact us here for the lowdown.
First, today’s weather:
Clear throughout the day. High: 95 Low: 68.
Here are the top stories in Pasadena today:
- Porter Robinson brings ‘Nurture’ into nature at Los Angeles State Historic Park (Press-Enterprise)
- Pasadena Symphony’s Moonlight Sonata Gala Is Sept. 25 (outlooknewspapers.com)
- City Committee Favors Granting of Loan to Local Developer to Buy Condominium Unit (Pasadena Now)
- Housing chill? Los Angeles County’s homebuying, prices dip in August (Long Beach Press Telegram)
- Heat Advisory Issued for 102 Degree End-of-Summer Bake Expected to Hit Pasadena Today (Pasadena Now)
- Tiger Bingo Back at South Pasadena High School (South Pasadena Review)
- LA County Increases Water Usage As State Drought Conditions Worsen (CBS Los Angeles)
Today’s Pasadena Daily is brought to you by our friends at GoodRx — the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for medications at local pharmacies, so you’re not overpaying. Works for pet medications too! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
Today in Pasadena:
- Make-Up Picture Day (SMHS Master) – San Marino High (12:00 AM)
- Make-up Photo Day for Yearbook and Faculty/Staff ID Cards (SMHS Master) (8:00 AM)
- Girls Volleyball – Marshall Fundamental School (3:15 PM)
- PTSA Meeting – Marshall Fundamental School (7:00 PM)
Pasadena Patch Notebook
- Pasadena Humane: “12-year-old Max is so sweet! Max’s eyes show his timidness, but his body language also shows that he’s ready for so much love.” (Instagram)
- City of Pasadena – Public Agency: “The Rose Bowl Half Marathon & 5K is THIS SUNDAY. See map below for road closure and detour info. Questions? Contact (213) 542-3000 A PDF of the map is available at: https://bit.ly/3ACmrla” (Facebook)
- Pasadena Public Health Department: “We’re partnering with Huntington Hospital to offer free flu vaccines! Come by the Victory Park (2575 Paloma St) this Thursday, September 23 from 2-6pm, while supplies last. If you can’t make it this week, find us at other clinics through…” (Facebook)
- Pasadena City College: “We’re hosting another no-cost vaccination clinic for faculty, staff, students, and community members this afternoon! Stop by The Circadian anytime between 2 and 6 pm to receive your COVID-19 inoculation. We are open to EVERYONE, so if th…” (Facebook)
- Pasadena Public Library: “Join us on Thursday, September 23rd, at 5pm on Zoom with author William Deverell as he presents his book, Kathy Fiscus: A Tragedy that Transfixed the Nation. Kathy Fiscus tells the story of the first live, breaking-news TV spectacle in A…” (Facebook)
- Pasadena Public Library: “Save the date! Celebrate Spanish English bilingualism as you and your little one sing along, shimmy and maybe learn new words with @bailabailamusic Sat, Oct 2, 10:30 am For ages 3-5 and their caregivers. For more info, including registra…” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Divorce and the Home – Pasadena, CA Hub ~ No-Cost Webinar (September 24)
- Ultimate Date Night: Summer Swing Nights Under the Stars with Song, Dance plus VIP Perks (September 25)
- Add your event
You’re all caught up for today! I’ll see you around. If you’re into these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Andy Nguyen
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Pasadena Daily? Want to send a picture to be featured in the newsletter? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read More:Pasadena Symphony + Heaty Advisory + L.A. County’s Water Usage